We offer the Help to Buy: Equity Loan scheme on all of our properties, subject to eligibility. This scheme is available to first time buyers only. The home you wish to purchase must be newly built with a price tag of up to £349,000 in the South West. Each region has a price cap and can be found on the Help to Buy: Equity Loan website.
Most of our developments are eligible for the scheme, however if you’re unsure, please check with us first. You won’t however, be able to sublet this home or enter a part exchange deal on your old home. You must not own any other property at the time you buy your new home with a Help to Buy: Equity Loan.
With a Help to Buy: Equity Loan the Government lends you up to 20% of the cost of your newly built home, so you’ll only need a 5% cash deposit and a 75% mortgage to make up the rest. You won’t be charged loan fees on the 20% loan for the first five years of owning your home. The scheme is scheduled to close in March 2023.
Benefits of Help to Buy
- This means you may be able to afford that first home sooner than you think.
- Want to trade up? As you only need a 5% deposit, you can also move to a bigger home using the scheme.
- Since the scheme is interest free and exclusively available on new build properties, the equity loan could reduce your mortgage repayments for the first five years.
- The loan can be repaid at any time, or when you sell the home.
Visit https://www.helptobuy.gov.uk/equity-loan/equity-loans/ for more information.
- When reserving a home with us, you must let us know at the time if you are intending to utilise the help to buy scheme.
- We will provide you with a signed reservation form. This needs to be submitted, together with a property information form, by either your mortgage broker or ourselves.
- The solicitors will take care of the rest.